Sunday, October 10, 2010

O.M.Glee




I know, I know, enough about Glee already.  Well, I can't help myself.  It is a big part of what consumes us these days.  We have been listening to the soundtracks in the car all summer long and it doesn't seem to be losing its interest anytime soon.  

Eloise has never seen the show but she knows most of the songs and asks a ton of questions about the characters.  She wants to know who sings every song, what the name of the song is, what they are talking about and if it is a "Broadway song" or "just a pop song".  What?
We started watching some of the songs on YouTube and she was completely enthralled.  I also showed her the original songs of some of them if they are showtunes like Patti LuPone doing Rose's Turn and Barbra doing Don't Rain on My Parade.  

She performs the songs all the time, wants the "glee kids" to come to her birthday party, and talks about the cast of this Fox television show as if they are her closest friends.  One day, when she was disappointed that I didn't have their phone numbers to call them to invite them over, I suggested we make some glee puppet type figurines and have them play on a stage and sing songs and stuff.  As you can imagine, she loved the idea, and next thing I knew we were cutting up the cd booklet and pasting heads on popsicle sticks and dancing them around an empty box.  Hours of entertainment.



supplies


rachel, finn, and mercedes



quinn, kurt, and artie (by eloise)



For some reason, she identifies most with Kurt, the homosexual male character.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...
She is crazy about Kurt and Rose's Turn is one of her favorites to sing.  I actually love his version of it as well.  I wanted to share Kurt's, played by Chris Colfer, performance with you and then check out Eloise's version.  She made a "Kurt" sign and hung it in the background and set up a stage comprised of two very wobbly Ikea chairs.  Hope you enjoy, Gleeks!










1 comment:

  1. This is just about the cutest thing I've seen...she nails it!

    ReplyDelete