Sunday, June 12, 2011

boots! there it is

I was recently reading that Bethenny Frankel, a normal gal just like me (??)  sold her Skinnygirl Margarita company for 120 million dollars.  It was just a simple idea that took off like crazy and has made her a very rich woman.

I started thinking "Where's my 120 million dollar idea?".  I have spent my life inventing stupid things and coming up with ideas all the time but never actually following through.  Well folks, that wait is over.  I think my time has finally come.



Introducing...The Boot Shack!!  



How many times a day do you think, "Gosh, I wish I didn't have to have those filthy, dirty, rainboots that are muddy from the yard and the garden in my back hallway.  There's got to be a better way!"

I figured the best solution would be to be able to leave the boots outside.  I needed a way to turn them, and keep them, upside down so they could just get rinsed off in the rain instead of filled up by it.  I drew a little sketch, sent Mike to the hardware store, and voila!  It works!

Mike used some dowels, a drill press (borrowed from a neighbor), and a 1x4 piece of wood.  I assembled it with Gorilla Glue and it was as easy as that.  I am still working on my marketing plan but I am prepared to sell fives of these so just let me know if you are interested.  I have also been working on some alternate names.  So far I have das Boot, Boot Shack, Rainboot Roundup, and Booty Wall.  Suggestions welcome--but don't think you are going to get a cut of my 120 mill.

before assembling


side view.  ours sits right outside our back door.


one pair for each person in our family.  can be customized
for yours, unless you are the Duggars.


my spokesmodel working in her boots in the garden


and possibly sketching out the next big idea




No comments:

Post a Comment