Saturday, May 29, 2010

the year in pictures

Friday was Eloise's last day of preschool.  She was very sad to end the school year but not as sad as I was. We had a great experience with Pope John 23rd.  Her teachers were all very caring and warm and created a lovely environment for a diverse group of kids.  You know its hard to get a 4year old to tell you much about what went on every day at school but on the last day Eloise brought  home a year's worth of art projects and told me all about them.
I realized a couple things while she was giving me the gallery tour.
1.  She has really changed and grown up so much this year.
2.  She is sweet and sensitive and smart---actually, I already knew that.
3.  I will never ever tire of looking at kids' art.

These were the highlights:

Family Portrait.  This was before the arrival of Harriet and the departure of Dorothy (the goldfish)

deep...or disturbing?

She told me this was the way she used to draw people when she was little.

This is me and her.  she said, "mom, remember when I didn't even used to draw cheeks or hair on people?"

My favorite.  Makes me smile every time I see it. 
 "girl in the rain with umbrella"  

No comments:

Post a Comment