Monday, November 8, 2010

word games

The other day I found a pad of post-it notes with lines on them like a little legal pad.  I seriously love post-it notes and wanted to use them for something fun.  I remembered a scene from one of my favorite movies, The Color Purple, and was inspired.  We got to work playing a new little game.

"What's it Called?"  is basically sitting around on a Sunday morning, drinking coffee, and having my 4 year old, who is learning to read and write, label different things in the house.  Or more specifically, label anything I can see from where I am sitting on the couch.  This is a parent-sits-in-one-spot game, my favorite kind.
Mike and I took turns picking things, giving clues or hot/cold hints and once she guessed what it was she had to write the name of it and stick on the label.  This was a fun activity for all, except maybe Harriet who got labeled, simply, "baby".  Nettie and Celie would be so proud.





here is the scene from The Color Purple


our version 

working on a label


nothing could escape a post-it


1 comment:

  1. somehow i missed this post. very cute. way to go Eloise with her reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete