Friday, May 28, 2010

naked picnic

So me and the girls headed over to the first mid-week farmer's market of the summer.  We were hoping to get some produce, play a little, listen to music, and have a nice dinner picnic.  Missions accomplished.  We were able to find some pencil thin asparagus, 2 pints of the first strawberries of the season.
We set up our blanket in front of the musicians, a little acoustic duo singing some classics, and started to get our picnic on.  I love being out doing some activity and getting a meal checked off all at the same time.  Birds. Stone.

About midway through the meal, the baby decided to explode poop out of her diaper, all over her clothes, and the blanket.  No sweat.  I just asked a complete stranger who was selling coffee to keep an eye on The 4 year old on the blanket while I proceeded to take The Baby to the car where I hoped to find a diaper, wipes, and an extra outfit. Well, 1 out of 3 wasn't bad.  I laid her down on the seat, stripped her down, wiped her off with any type of fabric I could find in the car (old kleenex, sock of 4 year old, my jacket) and stretched the now way too small diaper that was in the car on to her chubby body.  I swiped a plastic bag from one of the food vendors tossed everything in it, threw it away and returned to the picnic with a naked, but very happy, baby.   Oh, and the 4 year old was fine.  Thanks, Coffee Lady.

say nothing, act casual
what the hell?  where are my clothes, lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment