Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new year, new list

Happy New Year!  It has been way too long since my last post but we had a busy, fun filled holiday complete with family, friends, sickness, and travel.  It is so nice to be back home and finally have a few minutes to contemplate the new year and what my wishes are for the future.

I never really keep resolutions very long but every year in January I do try to get back to the gym and get my eating under control again after the debauchery of the holidays.  This year I wanted to make a list of little things that I would like to accomplish this year.  More like bite size pieces than one giant, seven  course meal.  Seems more manageable and if I write them down I can check back around August and see what I still have left.  Sounds like a plan.

So, I present, my list...

1.   I would like to cook my way through an entire cookbook.  I will either try a cuisine I am not  comfortable with like Indian or Thai or just pick one of my favorite cookbooks and try every recipe.

2.  I would like to volunteer my time to help others in some way.  I am kind of ashamed that I haven't done this sooner.  My parents taught me better than this.

3.  I would like to play more games with Eloise instead of watching television.  She got some great games for Christmas and is really looking forward to playing them.  Replacing the 30 minutes of t.v. at night, once Harriet is in bed, with a game for just the two of us seems really worthwhile.  This would only be a couple times a week, I'm not insane.

4.  I would like to give Tabitha's Salon Makeover and Shear Genius a try because then I could say I do indeed watch every single thing on BravoTV.

5.  I would like to do a Wiggleworms class with Harriet.

6.  I would like to read a book.  A whole book.  That's right, just one.  But it can't be a cookbook or anything that includes stuff like milestones for toddlers either.

7.  I would like to sew more.  I need to remind myself how much I love it and how accomplished I feel when I complete something.

8.  I would like to do Zumba regularly at the gym and hope that I get better at it.  I have taken it only a couple of times and currently I feel like someone impersonating a Latin dancer.

9.  I would like to get back to writing thank you notes.  I don't know when exactly I stopped doing this  but I do know I feel more guilt about it than anything else in my life.

10.  I would like to continue to enjoy my life and my family and be thankful every day for the time that we have together and for the happiness that they bring me.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote out #4. If you sign up for a wiggleworms class, let me know. I doubt I could do it this winter but if it worked out, I would love to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. READ A BOOK!! COME ON NOW:>

    ReplyDelete