Thursday, December 16, 2010

short and sweet

The other night after her bath Eloise was telling me that she loved me and that she will always be with me and never leave me.  After a few seconds she updated that statement and said that when she did have to leave home to be a veterinarian she would write a note for me and leave it on the dining room table.  That note would say, "Dear Mom, Don't forget to call Eloise every single day".


I have three reasons for writing this post today.

1.  So I have a record of it just in case I ever even start to forget about it.
2.  So I remember it on the days when it seems like everyone in this house is screaming, crying, or in a time-out, including me.
3.  So I remember to call my own mom and tell her how much I miss her and I that I can't even imagine how much she misses me.

4 comments: