Monday, January 9, 2012

happy birthday, hattie!

Our little gal turned two last week and we threw her a teeny, tiny party with family and friends from the neighborhood--or as Harriet calls them 'my buddies'.

We made it through the holidays and about 3 days before Harriet's birthday I thought I'd better get some stuff together for a party.  I had no ideas and no plan-- not my usual situation.  I was talking on the phone with Mike and lamenting (screeching about) the fact that I had 'no theme!' and how was that possibly going to work.  He suggested that the theme be 'I'm a two year old and I'm having a birthday'.  He somehow worked his Jedi mind trick magic, I chilled out, and we had our happiest happy birthday party to date.

A few friends, a few kids, family, balloons, yummy soup, bread, cake, ice cream, and presents.  In retrospect, we could have just had an empty room with one balloon in it and Harriet would have been thrilled.

Next year's theme-- balloons.


tentatively checking out her new bike


hmmmmmm...not sure


just noticed the balloons



up, up, and away...


in my beautiful balloon


the morning after.
the balloons followed her all day.





1 comment:

  1. Aww! She is such an adorable child! God bless her! I actually liked the gift a lot. I can get this for my niece as well. She will be turning 3 this summer and I love her a lot. I am looking for one of the rental spaces for parties for her grand birthday celebration. Anyways, happy birthday to Hattie!

    ReplyDelete