Wednesday, January 4, 2012

happy new year!

Did you miss me??

So sorry, Internet.  I know I have been neglecting you.  I have really missed blogging and I hope to get back into a regular routine of it.  This is my only resolution for the year--'don't be lazy, write a post'.

We made it through the holidays and had a grand time with both families, the Ottos and the DeBackers.  The girls made out like bandits and I got a new All-Clad pan (!!!) and some warm cozy boots among other things.  The only downside to the whole holiday season is that I lost my camera somewhere along the way.  If anyone finds a camera with images of my family on it please send it my way.  Better yet, send me a new camera and keep the one that you find.

Luckily I had downloaded (uploaded?) some photos before the camera went missing so I'll take you on a little photo journalistic trip down memory lane of some of the stuff we've been up to the last couple months.

went to a super cool superhero party


put up the tree


taught harriet about baby jesus.
she recognized the name right away as the one
mama yells while driving.



drank lots and lots of edzo's milkshakes


both of my children actually ate a dinner that I made for them.
both of them.  they ate it.  all.  
I need a minute.


harriet reluctantly had her last 
wiggleworms class.  


eloise joyfully had her 
lessons and carols show.


we traumatized another child with a visit to santa


visited the botanic garden and wonderland express


we taught harriet how to carry her baby 
'hands free' so she can multitask.



eloise made shirts for christmas 
for her cousins and sister


we taught harriet how to wash the dishes--
shirtless, and in a babushka.


this was going to be the christmas card photo that I never sent out.
so--merry christmas, y'all!
also, please don't ever give my children another stuffed animal.





NOT PICTURED:
us watching all four seasons of Breaking Bad and loving every minute of it.  
us working very hard to get our house ready to go on the market--
god help us.
us recovering from the holidays and accepting that winter is definitely
 here to stay.








2 comments:

  1. SO glad you're back!! Love all the photos, really like the almost-xmas card and I don't say this often, but I "laughed out loud" at the Jesus comment. Good luck with the house and I hope 2012 brings great things you're way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your way!! I hate it when anyone makes that mistake.

    ReplyDelete