Friday, July 16, 2010

hot hot hot

Yesterday was really hot.  Last year's summer was so cool we never really even got a chance to get going.  This year it has been sunny, humid, and hot, just like summer is supposed to be and I'm loving it. We've been going to the pool, and the beach, and the park but yesterday I just couldn't get motivated in the afternoon to get all the gear together for an excursion.

We had to water the garden in the evening so Eloise begged to run through the sprinkler.  Perfect.  I told her she could just go in her underwear like we used to do when we were kids, but my little modest mouse would have none of that.  She went inside by herself to change and emerged wearing a pair of swim shorts and nothing else.  Perfect.

Of all the activities that we are always doing, places we are always going, I think her running through the sprinkler on a hot summer night was one that brought the most joy to her face.  She was all alone too.  I was taking some pictures with my phone and holding Harriet in the sling but Eloise was completely and totally entertaining herself.  Sometimes I have to remind myself, it is the simple things that we remember most.





1 comment:

  1. Really I think you just wanted to show off how awesome your yard looks! Not to mention, Eloise is super cute! (Can't figure out how this can post not anonymous -- it's me, Sarah Makela)

    ReplyDelete