Monday, July 12, 2010

sitty upperson

The other day while on facebook I was looking at newly posted pictures of my cousin's baby, Lucy.  Lucy was born about a week after little Harriet and is just a doll.   In these pictures I was looking at she was sitting up!  I hadn't even tried that with Harriet.  I kind of forgot that she could maybe be sitting up at this point.  Well, when I got her up that morning we had a bit of a boot camp.

Later that day I was sitting with her on the blanket, she was an old pro by then.  Eloise happened by and I said, "Hey, check it out.  Look who is sitting."  Her reaction was priceless.
She gasped, "Oh my gosh, Harriet!"  she came over, bent down to give her a big hug and said, "Congratulations!  You are sitting up, big girlie girl."  Then she turned on her heel and ran up the stairs shouting, "Mom, I have to go get my camera!!!!" So fun and sweet seeing Eloise's reaction to her little sister.  She was so proud.  These are the pictures she took.  Amazingly, none of them actually show Harriet sitting up.







4 comments:

  1. i love the pictures! way to go Harriet. Isa loves to congratulate Jimmy but she has watched many a therapist do it first. Very, very cool for Eloise to notice and then to get the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's probably loving her new perspective on things! Eloise will definitely be an asset when it comes to almost catching milestones on camera... so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog.

    Congrats to Harriet! I’m looking forward to her and Lucy sitting up and playing together.

    Jen

    (I can't figure out how to post a comment, so not sure if this is going to work out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise has a nice camera and clearly an artistic eye. Way to go Harriet!
    Talleri

    ReplyDelete