Sunday, December 5, 2010

ode to aquaphor

You might have realized this about me already, but I tend toward the obsessive about a few things.  One of the things that I have been completely obsessed with for years is Aquaphor.  

I started using it for chapped lips about 12 years ago.  If you have ever spent a minimum of 15 minutes with me then you have surely seen me digging around in my purse for a tube of Aquaphor.  Open, dab, dab, dab, click, close and ahhhh.    I slowly began to realize how many things it was great for besides chapped lips.  I use it under my eyes at night, on my cuticles, for hang nails, on little cuts or scrapes, dry skin patches, elbows, feet, for a reddened sore nose during a cold.  Also, more times then I would like to admit I have fooled myself into thinking it was makeup.  A little on the lips, a little on the cheeks and, voila!,  I'm ready for my close up.

I thought I had pretty much exhausted the possibilities of this magic potion and then I had kids.

 Aquaphor, may I present diaper rash, chapped cheeks, eczema, cradle cap, chapped lips and that one time Eloise got a ring stuck on her finger.  Aquaphor, is there anything you can't fix?

Everyone in my house is a devotee to this stuff.  My husband no longer says, "Do we have any Aquaphor?".  He now says, "Where is the nearest Aquaphor?"  He has begun to realize that I have them stashed all over the house and outlying areas.

Please, please, please don't tell me anything bad about Aquaphor's ingredients or potential side effects.   I research practically ever other product and food that comes into this house and it can be such a drag sometimes.  I have purposely never looked up Aquaphor.  I don't want to know because I wouldn't be able to quit it.  I know that it probably isn't perfect but we all have our flaws don't we?

In the meantime I will remain blissfully and blindly happy... and moisturized.

kitchen

purse

eloise's bedside

harriet's bedside

my bedside

car

makeup bag

also makes a great teether






No comments:

Post a Comment