Saturday, May 28, 2011

happy birthday

Today my little blog is one year old.
It still seems very new to me, which is good, I suppose.  I have learned quite a bit in this first year but I know I am still just getting started.  I think I am mostly proud of myself for keeping it going for a whole year.  It has not been as easy as I expected.

The name, lambscapearchitect, came from Eloise.  I was trying and trying to come up with a clever and creative name that wasn't already being used.  One night I entered about 40 suggestions into Blogger.  Every time it would come back as "not allowed" because it was already taken.  So much for clever and creative.  I just couldn't get started until I settled on a name.   The next morning while I was still in bed Eloise said she wanted to be a landscape architect when she grew up.  At least, that's what I thought she said.  I asked her what kinds of things they do, expecting something along the lines of "trees and plants".  Instead, she said, "I dunno, like if a lamb escapes or something...".  And, there it was.

I have really enjoyed writing for this blog and reading and hearing all of the reactions to different posts.    I hope that you have enjoyed reading about me and my family and our little lambscape life.   If you haven't, sorry.   If you have, please consider passing it along to someone you think would also enjoy it.
Thank you  for your support...and for laughing in all the right places.



cupcake.jpg
 I wish I had actually made this cupcake
 and then eaten it
instead of just stealing this image from a stock photo

No comments:

Post a Comment