Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome, Kit!

This past week we welcomed a new member of the family.

Eloise celebrated her 5th birthday this past week.  To kick off what turned out to be a week long celebration we gave her an American Girl Doll---Kit Kittredge and her dog, Grace.

You can't even imagine the excitement.

It really was love at first sight.  All of the sudden they were inseparable.  I heard her reading to Kit.  They had a tea party together.  They had a Christmas cookie exchange.  She asks to go to her room as soon as she gets home from school so she can play with Kit.  Kit sleeps in a little bed next to Eloise's every night... once they are in their matching nightgowns.

Grandma and Grandpa sent a truckload of outfits and accessories to go along with her new bff.  I don't know who was more excited, Eloise or me.  As we opened each little box I found myself screaming things like, "Look!  A clutch purse!" or, "Ohmygosh!  I love this cloche!"    I couldn't get enough of all the tiny little accessories and accompanying sets of toys.

Her cousin, Hannah very sweetly sent a huge bag of matching outfits for Eloise and Kit to wear.  These were Hannah's when she was about the same age and she passed them on to her biggest admirer. Well, this naturally set a day long fashion show marathon in motion.

We have now been almost a week with Kit in the house and she is a lovely addition.  But remember when I was so thrilled at the sight of all those tiny and precious accessories that number in the billions?

They are everywhere!!!

You can't walk two steps in this house without stepping on a tiny shoe or a velvet beret or a miniature Depression era glass fruit cocktail cup.   The arrival of Kit has really challenged my organization skills.  I am working on a solution that needs to be accessible, attractive, mobile, and not cost more than the doll itself.  Ideas?  I think Kit might need her own room.


Kit arrives in the wee hours of 
birthday morning

a small sampling of very small things that 
kit brought with her


eloise calls this the flower girl look


outfit #2

for the record, eloise has not 
worn jeans in 3 years.  
kit made it happen.


and finally, sleepwear.
goodnight, friends.









1 comment:

  1. unfortunately isa was looking over my sholder while i read this and then told me she really wants an american doll, a look alike doll. i really thought she was in the dark about american girl dolls. who am i kidding? i love that eloise is wearing jeans.

    ReplyDelete