Wednesday, June 2, 2010

hatched by two chicks

 My sister Jenny and her partner of 13 years, Liz are having a baby girl!  She is expected to arrive sometime in June but it looks like it could possibly be sooner than we thought.  I wanted to share shots of the shower we threw for them last month because I know once she is here, it will be all baby pictures all the time. Who wants to see outdated shower pictures when there are cheeks and toes to go ga ga over?

I always love to plan a party, and this one with the pink and green color story, I loved it even more.   
All of the sisters and sisters-in-law helped to plan the event.  None of us live in the same city, or even country,  so it was a million emails and the coordination of many moving parts.  Although at times I think I got, and may have deserved, my name on the board with a "does not work well with others" behind it, the shower turned out beautiful and the two mamas and guests were delighted.  


shower invite that was inspiration for the decor and theme

pastry table

chick cookies for favors


cupcakes

centerpieces

centerpieces with little nest and an excited little cousin-to-be



 



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Liz! Everything looks perfect! You should totally submit this to Birthday Girl...

    http://www.birthdaygirlblog.com/2010/05/birthday-girl-party-submissions.html

    Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete